Sunday 5 April 2015

Part V and Guest Poet 3 - Ian Whiteley - Noticed
















(A 6th of the way into the story. I ain't doing bad here am I? lol

The 3rd of the guest poets follows below from Ian Whiteley who as well as performing as part of a 4 piece poetry collective 'Bard Company' is also a member of The Crows of Albion. Their bandcamp page is https://thecrowsofalbion.bandcamp.com)

V

Conducting orchestras of sound
I was told afterwards it looked like
I danced through the bullets
Like I was dancing across rain,

Tracing movements like heartbeats
Cowering crunched into a ball
Heart felt dripping with emotion
Across carriage to carriage,

Screaming at the top of my lungs
Warning after warning
Illuminating each city
That the train didn’t reach

Pencil – imprisoned

String led

Broken in machine code
Software engineering

Almost like my will
Was not my own. 



Noticed

I lived my life, most often, like a ghost,
ethereal, drifting from room to room,
a chill chasing me from pillar to post.

Rippling across the senses of those whom,
in solitude, sought meaning in their life
before they passed beyond it to the tomb.

I was not noticed by them, or my wife
who gladly let me rest in silent shade
whilst stabbing at me with a nagging knife.

Then, resting in the bed that we had made
she didn’t notice that, tonight, I died -
my spirit passing to the night brigade.

Her tears were dust, those moments that she cried.
I saw all this from high above the scene
as doors to purgatory opened wide.

I could have grieved for all that I had been,
but something in me wanted to be free,
something dark within wanted to be seen.

So I ignored the light that shone on me,
turning away from heaven’s golden gate.
I threw away salvations twisted key.

I chose to take an otherworldly fate,
to challenge death and break his rigid laws.
Look for me when the hour is getting late.

At last you notice when I open doors,
you look around, your eyes awash with fear,
jump at the sound of distant creaking floors.

Your senses tingle, knowing I am near,
aware, though dead and gone, that I still care.
I whisper it so softly in your ear.

I run my fingers gently through your hair.
Closer than close. A permanent nightmare.


Ian Whiteley

https://thecrowsofalbion.bandcamp.com/track/noticed



No comments:

Post a Comment