Thursday 23 April 2015

Part XXIII and Guest Poet 16 - Meshach R. Brencher - Kiss the knife -




















(Part XXIII covers another conversation between Michelle and
Andy moving slowly and slowly towards the end game.

Our 16th guest poet is our returning friend, Meschach R Brencher
from with the second of two poems)

Biting at my ankles
Edged membrane grey
Cluttering across your
Every word,

Smouldering
Before snapping shut
Streetlight yellow

‘You have no choice
Andy’

Spooned into my emotions

‘All hell is breaking loose’

‘I don’t understand you’

thread inside out

‘This is just the beginning of the end’
Inbetween bullets
Riding up and down
The corridors
Inbetween seams of dust
Contradicting itself
Worse than memory. 



Kiss the knife


That bleeds your soul
Dark vines have a sharp touch
Water running down
From the river
I sink underneath
The sail ship dancing figures around
Where I cross the harbour
While the horizon floats me in vain
Among cold feelings
Where my destination has no arrival
Entangled in heavy vessels I cannot escape
Forgotten like the ship anchors
The pier watching sunset
As I close my eyes shut
Darkness the only requiem
As the light has no purpose
To see what cuts deeply in me
Is so far away
Transparent and loathing
For eternal twilight
Sucked away by the wind
I cannot feel you
But your spirit will never leave me


No comments:

Post a Comment