Sunday 19 April 2015

Part XIX and Guest Poet 13 - Hazel Connolly - Ghost II














(Moving on Part 19 - this piece tells the story
from the eyes of the Police Inspector who as you will
discover knows more than he reveals to the reporter.

Also is our latest Guest Poet, the 13th one is a lovely
lady called Hazel Connolly who has submitted a sequel
poem to the one she wrote last year herself. That itself
can be read here and more of her work can also be read
here)


Swollen with nerves
Scaled around the outskirts
Of what he had just reported
The police inspector
Spent the next 10 minutes
After his interview with the press
Panting with breath,

Fathomless in his guilt
Covered in a paused sweat
Lighting cigarette after cigarette
Like a stale perfume

Fragile in increasing nerves
Out wearied across the stars
Until a colleague joined him saying
‘Did they buy it, sir?

To which he answered
'I know I wouldn't.'



Ghost II (Hazel Connolly)


When I returned to the crossroads

To meet this raven haired ghost,

Lost in thoughts

I stared at the madness

Lurking in the darkness before daylight

All around the shadows gather.

Then, your ruby red lips

Brushed against my cheek

In a strange haze of shock

I call your name..

Again you are gone.

A cascade of tears

Falls down my face

You came and taunted..

I only wanted to say goodbye.

While deaths shadows

Loom over me

I’m drowning in sadness

My broken heart crying

While searching dark

Shadows in the night

I know now,

You are a child of the moon


No comments:

Post a Comment