Wednesday 8 April 2015

Part VIII and Guest Poet 6 - Danielle Matthews - Signs



(Not getting that tired yet, although I reckon I may be the end - here is Part 8 of Ghost story II.

The 6th Guest Poet is another young writer, I have encountered recently called Danielle Matthews from the Stockport area I believe who offers a excellent piece called Signs.

Danielle advises me although she hasn't blogged much yet she does have a poem coming out on here in May 2015. Good luck Danielle and thanks for the excellent poem)


XIII

Stretched across motions
Breathing in marooned heartbeats
Unstitched in fear
Holding hands in silence

The keys of her piano led lips
Played completely
Out of tune and context
Across that horrific morning

Aching in spent tears
That she was going
To have put him
Through hell again

And like last time
There was nothing
Upon nothing
She could do about it. 



Signs


A breath on my cheek
can only be you.
No marker comes forth
to prove nor disprove
but my desperate wish is sure.

Whispers abound,
and I hold still,
hoping to discern
a small message, a hope,
that identifies you.

No sign is revealed
yet that hope lives,
always and eternally it lives.
I wait for a word
from a mouth forever closed.

Come to me, my love,
hold my hand
and whisk me away.
Enclose my heart in yours,
and let me rest.
With you.


Danielle Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment