Tuesday 14 April 2015

Part XIV and Guest Poet 9 - Untitled by Jack Hutchinson
















XIV

Drumming across the heavy rain
Divorced from the statement he had just read
The police inspector it was clear
To the more eagle eyed reporter
That besides not wanting to be there
Clearly did not believe a word what he said,

Pausing in-between each sentence
Almost like he was trying to leave
No room for error with each breathe
He was not going to take any questions
Let alone offer much more of an answer
With each word he chose to say,

Stating over and over again
With a barely look away from his words
That there had a gunman on top of
One of the roofs on Platform 12
Who decided to turn the station
Into a shooting range,

And an officer he declined to name
Until his family had been informed
Had given his life protecting the public
In stopping the gunman
Who was a known previous offender

But not a known marksmen,

Feigning his own survival
By saying if what had really happened
He likely would have got sectioned. 



Untitled


I'm still here,
Still above the ground,
I grew tired of waiting
And left where you laid me down

On that winter's day,
When you chose the root
And cut off the excess

Chose to lay down dem bones

I am no longer stuck to them
I flit through the now cold buildings
The once warm party places
Watching the histories play
Life upon life left behind
The secret scars, defacing,
The dead quiet

I watch a family grow
Then leave, then die,
And the living dead that time defies
Replaced, in turn, by the young,
Strolling and driving and loving
All the same things that I did
My touch is forgotten,
Somewhere, someone relearns to smile

Without me

Still waiting for you
To forgive my desire to love

Raise dem bones

I have seen ten thousand years
Ten million fears
Ten billion tears
Now I stand at the edge
The end of the loop
A great choice

Beyond which, your home
My bones

I cannot get them back
Cannot return
The thought of reliving resickens
Even in this notion form

So I pass beyond
Onward, to haunt
Your tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment